Japanese Society of Plant Physiologists Award
Nominations Are Now Open for the 2020 JSPP Award
The JSPP Award is awarded to no more than one candidate selected by the JSPP Awards Committee from among candidates who are either self-recommended or recommended by a JSSP council member. The selected candidate shall then be approved by the JSPP Council before the award is given. Domestic and overseas members who fulfill the JSPP Award requirements shall be sought in accordance with the following award guidelines.
JSPP Award Guidelines
1. Candidate Eligibility
- (1) Candidates must have achieved outstanding research results in the field of plant physiology.
- (2) Candidates must have been an individual member of the JSPP for at least the past five years, including 2019.
- (3) The research findings for which the award is granted must have been published within the past 10 years in principle. However, these results need not have been obtained within Japan.
2. Application Instructions
Prepare the application documents listed below, combine them into a single PDF file, and send that file via email to the JSPP office (). Applications must be received by August 8, 2019. The subject line of the email should read: "JSPP Award Application Materials (Self-Recommendation)." Application documents should be prepared on A4 size pages using a margin of 2 cm or greater.
- Cover page: Use the title "JSPP Award Application Materials" and note the submission date, research topic, applicant's name, birth date, affiliated institution and current title, institution address, contact information (telephone, fax, email address), highest level of education completed and degree earned, and research history.
- Summary of research findings: Describe the findings on the basis of which you are applying for the award in three pages or less (including the research title, 3,000 characters/1,000 words or less).
- List of presentations: (i) original papers (using the citation method used in PCP), (ii) review articles, other (same as above), (iii) lectures given at the invitation of an international research meeting. Number each item in the order of presentation date, and underline the name of the person who requested your presentation.
- Offprints or copies of major papers (up to five)
B. Nomination by JSPP members
JSPP Council Members can recommend award candidates. To recommend a candidate, draft a recommendation letter after obtaining permission from the person being recommended and email it as a single PDF file to the JSPP office () by July 11, 2019. The subject line of the email should read "JSPP Award Application Materials (Recommendation by Second Party)." Based on the letter of recommendation, the JSPP office will notify the candidate that they have been recommended. The recommendation letter should include (i) the name, title, and contact information of the recommended candidate, (ii) name, title, and contact information of the person making the recommendation, (iii) brief explanation for making your recommendation, and (iv) date of recommendation.
- We will send an email message to individuals who recommend candidates letting them know that we have received their recommendation. If you do not receive that email message, please contact the secretariat. - Personal information submitted in connection with this application will only be used for the purpose of selecting an award winner. Once the selection process is complete, JSPP shall take responsibility for destroying all personal information. .